This article will be regularly updated with new developments, updates and changes to the platform.
April 19th, 2023
- Merchandise is now able to be added to ticketed campaigns on Grassrootz! Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be able to add merchandise to your campaign for you. Please provide a description of the item, sizing if required, price and quantity available.
March 13th, 2023
- Charity admins can now customise the types of email notifications they receive through Grassrootz. To edit individual notification settings, click 'Hi, XXX' at the top right corner, then click 'account settings', and 'email notifications' on the left.
- Daily Summaries are now provided to opted in charity admins, informing activity that has taken place the previous day across all campaigns. Can be turned on or off using the steps above.
- For recurring, monthly donations, charities can now decide if you would like a receipt send for only the first donation or for every recurring donation. This setting is found by clicking your organisation's name at the top of the admin, then selecting the 'recurring' tab on the left and scrolling to the bottom.
- Google Tag Manager and GA4 now supported. Please check our analtyics and tracking section of our help centre to find out more.
- Grassrootz fitness now allows for a new manual fitness measurement type called 'Reps' and a new activity type called 'Workout', to enable gyms to better reflect their activities.
- The 'fundraisers' tab on the admin now splits up 'active' and 'inactive' fundraising pages, determined by the 'live' status for active fundraisers, and 'completed, archived' for inactive pages.
December 12th, 2022
- The fundraiser onboarding tour now includes a prompt to connect a fitness app if the fitness settings are activated for the campaign
October 26th, 2022
- Charity campaigns can now have a customised ending to their URL, rather than reflect exactly the campaign name. Reach out to email@example.com and we can implement this for you.
- When a donor chooses to 'give now' on a team fundraising page, they will now be asked whether they'd like to choose from one of the individual pages in the the team to donate to, or to the overall team
September 14th 2022
- Gift matching has a new feature available. If you have multiple campaigns running on the platform that you wish to implement gift matching on, we can help you to set this up. Just reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
August 17th 2022
- On your campaign pages, you'll notice on the left where your campaign mission is stated, that there are now two links. Find out more will take the user to your organisation's website, whilst the 'view all our campaigns' button will take the user to your organisations public facing campaign dashboard (https://tourdecure.grassrootz.com/). This dashboard lists all of your live campaigns, with the most recent appearing at the top.
This dashboard link can also be found by clicking 'dashboard' at the top of your Grassrootz admin, then clicking the link underneath your organisation name.
July 12th 2022
- Updates have been made to the 'view' screen on each individual Sale entry. Click 'sales' at the top of the admin, then '...' and 'view' on a sale entry. You'll now see the tickets linked to it, the fundraising pages linked to each ticket if applicable, and any donations associated with the sale, including links to each.
- Messaging on our donation forms now indicates more clearly that the message of support a donor leaves will be visible publicly on a fundraisers page:
"Your message will be displayed publicly on the fundraising page, along with your donation"
Donors will also have the choice of selecting the 'use my full name" when deciding on the name to be displayed alongside their donation message. Default option remains 'use my first name', 'enter a custom name' and 'make my donation anonymous' also stay as options.
June 8th 2022
- Charity Org public campaign dashboards will now display newest campaigns at the top of the list. You can find your dashboard by clicking the 'dashboard' tab, then click the link that appears underneath your organisation name.
- Data CSV exports are now in UTF-8 format.
May 31st 2022
- Admins are now able to use the advanced search feature on the 'fundraisers', 'donations' and 'sales' tab. This feature allows you to add multiple 'campaigns', 'teams' pr 'individuals' into a search filter, rather than being restricted to just a singular campaign for example. For example you might want to combine a search of your fundraisers for the 2021 and 2022 Nike Melbourne Marathon to allow you to compile a list of those that took part.
May 25th 2022
- For charities using our ticketing functionality, for sale refunds you can partially refund amounts less than the full sale price. To do so, click 'sales' in the top right corner of the admin, search for the appropriate sale, click '...' and 'refund or cancel', then click either the first or third option and enter the amount you would like to refund.
- Donors are now able to choose the option of leaving the full name alongside their donation, in addition to 'First Name', 'Custom Name' and 'Anonymous'.
- When logged into the 'fundraiser dashboard (https://account.grassrootz.com/dashboard), fundraisers will now see a tab for 'active' pages and 'completed pages'.
May 9th 2022
- Org admin notification emails for activity such as donations and new page creation now link at the bottom to our help centre, the admin login link, this product update article and our support email address.
April 27th 2022
- Magic link password login has been replaced with password re-set email.
March 29th 2022
- Organisation admins are now able to create webhooks within the platform. When logged in, click your name in the top right corner, then click 'webhooks' and then 'create webhooks'.
- Fundraisers are now able to backdate their fitness activities. When adding a manual fitness entry, the fundraiser can select the date and time the activity took place. For more information on managing Fitness apps and updates,click here.
March 14th 2022
- Fundraising pages for community Multi Charity Events (i.e. City2Surf) now show the event logo as well as the charity organisation logo on the left hand side.
March 7th 2022
- Account admins are now able to see the user permission granted to other admins connected to their account, i.e. Organisation admin vs Campaign Admin. As a reminder, please email@example.com an account holder needs to be elevated or demoted from their access level.
March 1st 2022
- Apple Pay and Google Pay are now available on campaigns across the platform. Implemented to provide additional payment options for your donors and make completing the donation process as simple and easy as possible.
5th November 2021
Recent platform developments include:
- The 'Find out more' button on the left of your campaigns will now take the user to a Grassrootz Dashboard that will show all of your Live Campaigns. There is also a link at the top to your website which is where the 'find out more' button previously took users to. This is an amazing new way to display all of the different ways your organisation can be supported. Does not apply to custom campaigns.
- Custom buttons can now be added to your campaigns (i.e. in addition to 'donate', 'fundraise', 'register here'.Find our more here.
- Donations can now be replied to by charity admins. For example if a donation is made to a campaign rather than a fundraiser and your charity would like to still acknowledge it with thanks, this can now be done. To do so, click '...' and 'edit' on the donation and then select the 'reply' tab on the left.
- New updates available on Grassrootz gift matching.Read or watch how to Gift Match here
- You can now filter your campaigns by campaign type (Give now, appeal, bespoke, challenge etc). To do this, click 'campaigns' at the top of the admin, click 'filter' and then type at the bottom and select which you'd like to see.
30th August 2021
Recent platform developments include:
- Downloadable QR codes available on each campaign and fundraiser page.Find out more here.
- Ability to collect a users salutation on donations, fundraising pages and ticket sales. To do so, click '...' and 'edit' next to the campaign, then proceed to the 'advanced' section, scroll to the bottom and tick the salutation box. This will add the question to your donor, fundraiser and ticket forms ahead of the standard First Name and Surname questions.
- Transferring donations between campaigns. Click here to read an article explaining how to do it.
- Changes to bulk uploading fundraising data.Read the article here.
Please sign in to leave a comment.