What is Two-Factor Authentication (2FA)?
2FA adds an extra layer of security to your account, beyond just entering your password. To login with 2FA, you first enter your password and then the system will prompt you to enter an extra piece of information that only you have access to. On Grassrootz, this will be a unique code from an authenticator app on your phone that is constantly changing.
How do I set up 2FA on Grassrootz?
- Login to your Grassrootz account, click your name in the top right hand corner, and then click "Account Settings"
- On the left hand side, click "Security" and then click the blue button that says "Set up 2FA" (see screenshot below)
- You will be prompted to download the Google authentication app to your mobile device. This app is available on the Google Play store and Apple store.
- Once you've downloaded the app, click "Get Started" and you will see a personalised QR code. Scan this QR code using your authentication app, click next and enter code that appears into the verification page.
- Next you will see your backup codes. Make sure you keep these and store them in a safe place. You can use these if you ever lose your phone or delete your authentication app to disable 2FA on your account. Click complete and you are done!
From now on you will be required to enter an authentication code every time you sign into your Grassrootz admin account, so make sure to keep your phone handy at all times. If you have any questions, contact our support team at email@example.com
Please sign in to leave a comment.