Gift Matching is quick and easy to set up on Grassrootz and can be applied to any campaign, appeal or fundraiser. Gift Matching is when donations are matched by a generous individual donor or corporate, usually over a limited time period or up to a certain amount.
We've put together a short video that demonstrates how to set up Gift Matching on Grassrootz which can be found here:https://vimeo.com/470861267
To get started, follow the steps below:
- Click on Campaigns at the top of your Grassrootz admin. Search for the campaign you'd like to use, then click '...' and 'edit'.
- On the left hand side, click the 'Gift Matching' tab and then 'add new gift matching' to see all of the configuration options.
- Name the gift match (for internal purposes), select the multiplier (E.g. 1x means a $10 donation donation would be matched with an additional $10 on the fundraising or campaign page). Add who is matching the donation, for example a corporate or a generous individual donor.
- Add your donation message that will appear publicly on each of the gift matched donations.
- NEW: You can now add a gift matching logo or image that represents the matched donations. This will appear on the donation list as well as the donation thank you page and the receipt sent to donors.
- Set the conditions of your matched gift. These can include a date range, total amount, campaign total to be reached before ending the matched giving, number limit on donations matched, value range for your matched donations or for donations made only on a certain page. Conditions can be combined or used on their own.
- Make sure to save your changes or publish your campaign. Once published you can visit a fundraising page or campaign donation form and see the message your donors will see when Gift Matching is active.
- If you would like to see how your Gift Matching is going, you can always return to the Gift Matching tab in your campaign options to see how much has been matched or how many donations have been made, depending on your Gift Matching conditions.
If you have any questions on how your organisation can make the most of Gift Matching, you can email our support team anytime firstname.lastname@example.org
Please sign in to leave a comment.