IMPORTANT UPDATE: Google Analytics 4 is now supported on Grassrootz. For more information, read our new 'Setting up Google Analytics 4 via Google Tag Manager' Help Centre article.
Our Google Analytics support is built into the platform and includes a number of great features to help you maximise your goals and conversions. When adding your Google Analytics code, please ensure it is in the standard UA format, which is UA-000000-2.
Here is a summary of the functionality:
- The ability to add your own Google Analytics code, which can be different for each campaign.
- Generating pageview events for each page visited.
- E-Commerce integration for donations and ticket sales.
- Goal driven "pageview" events for donations, sales and fundraising page creation.
- A number of events to allow you to understand how end users are making use of fundraising pages and features on the platform.
- E-commerce integration using "addTransaction" for any donations and sales
- Goal driven "pageview" events, for the main system transactions
- When someone lands on the donation form (example link:https://example.grassrootz.com/grassrootz-fitness/donate) we will generate a "pageview" event on that page ("grassrootz-fitness/donate"), but if the donation is completed we will generate another "pageview" event for "grassrootz-fitness/donate/thankyou".
- When someone lands on the fundraising form (example link:https://example.grassrootz.com/grassrootz-fitness/join) we will generate a "pageview" event on that page ("grassrootz-fitness/join"), but if the registration is completed we will generate another "pageview" event for "grassrootz-fitness/join/thankyou".
- When someone lands on the sales form (example link:https://example.grassrootz.com/grassrootz-fitness/tickets) we will generate a "pageview" event on that page ("grassrootz-fitness/tickets"), but if the sales is completed we will generate another "pageview" event for "grassrootz-fitness/tickets/thankyou".
Custom platform events
A number of platform events are generated to help you understand how people are using the platform. For all events the following applies:
- Event category will be set as your Grassrootz campaign name.
- Event label will be the URL where the action took place.
- Event action will be set as per the table below.
Donation form events
These events happen on the donation link for each fundraising page.
|DonationFormStart||Raised when the form is loaded|
|DonationAmountSelected||Raised after the first step is completed.|
|DonationDetailsEntered||Raised after the second step is completed.|
|Donation||Raised when the donation is successfully processed.|
|DonationPaymentFailed||Raised if the donation fails due to payment.|
|DonationThankYouShare||Raised when the fundraising page is shared at the donation thank you page.|
Fundraising page tour events
|TourAccepted||Raised if the user chooses to take the fundraising page tour.|
|TourProfileImageChanged||Raised if the avatar image for the fundraising page is changed during the tour.|
|TourStoryUpdated||Raised if the story for the fundraising page is changed during the tour.|
|TourDeclined||Raised if the tour is closed.|
|TourSharedPage||Raised if the page is shared via the final page on the tour.|
Additionally, since the tour features a donation form, all the "Donation form events" are raised with a "Tour" prefix (e.g. "TourDonationFormStart").
Fundraising page activities
|BlogPosted||Raised when the user posts an update on their page.|
|FitnessAppConnected||Raised when any fitness app is connected to a fundraising page.|
|StravaConnected||Raised when a Strava account is connected to a fundraising page.|
|FitbitConnected||Raised when a Fitbit account is connected to a fundraising page.|
|DonationReplied||Raised when a donation receives a reply from the fundraiser.|
|PageFundraisingTargetChanged||Raised when a fundraiser changes the target amount in their page.|
|PageFitnessTargetChanged||Raised when a fundraiser changes the fitness target in their page.|
|PageUpdatesTabClicked||Raised when someone clicks on the "Updates" tab in a fundraising page.|
|PageLeaderboardsTabClicked||Raised when someone clicks on the "Leaderboard" tab in a fundraising page.|
|PageDonationTabClicked||Raised when someone clicks on the "Donations" tab in a fundraising page.|
Setting up a fundraising page
|JoinFormStart||Raised when the form is loaded.|
|JoinAccountCompleted||Raised when the account step is completed.|
|JoinNewsletterOptOut||Raised if the fundraiser opts out of further comms during the login process.|
|Join||Raised when a fundraising page is set up.|
During the ticketing/sale process
|SaleFormStart||Raised when the first step is loaded.|
|SaleEntryTicketSelected||Raised when a entry/ticket selection is completed.|
|SaleEntryDetailsEntered||Raised when the personal details step is fully completed.|
|SaleFundraisingDetailsSelected||Raised when the fundraising details are completed.|
|SaleDonationOptOut||Raised if the user opted out of making a donation alongside the purchase.|
|SaleCouponApplied||Raised if a coupon is redeemed during the purchase.|
|SalePaymentFailed||Raised if the payment failed during a sale.|
|Sale||Raised when the sale is successfully processed.|
Additionally, since a fundraising page and/or donation may be also processed during a sale, the respective "Join" and "Donation" events will also be raised alongside the "Sale" event.
Sharing events using the page widget
|PageWidgetShare||Raised when any of the sharing buttons are clicked on the main page widget.|
|PageWidgetQrRequested||Raised when the QR share button is clicked.|
|PageWidgetQrDownloaded||Raised when the QR code is downloaded via the "Download" button on the QR code window.|
|PageWidgetLinkCopied||Raised when someone copies the link to their page using the main page widget.|
|PageWidgetFacebookShare||Raised when someone clicks the Facebook share button.|
|PageWidgetTwitterShare||Raised when someone clicks the Twitter share button.|
|PageWidgetLinkedInShare||Raised when someone clicks the LinkedIn share button.|
|PageWidgetEmailShare||Raised when someone clicks the Email share button.|
Please sign in to leave a comment.